Last modified: May 2023
UpScript Investments Holdings, LLC (“UpScript” or “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to the information we collect:
- on our Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by UpScript or any third party;
- the physician or healthcare provider that we contract with;
- us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Note, UpScript is not a medical group. Any telemedicine consults obtained through our Website are provided by independent medical practitioners including, but not limited to, Doctor Matrix Medical Group, P.A. (“Doctor Matrix Medical Group”), an independent medical group with a network of United States based health care providers (each, a “Provider”). Doctor Matrix Medical Group, P.A. (or your own medical provider if you do not use a Doctor Matrix Medical Group Provider) is responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information, not UpScript.
2. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use, register, or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of its features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information directly from a child under 18, please contact us at using the Contact Information at the end of this Policy.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Throughout this Policy, the term “Personal Data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device. However, Personal Data does not include any de-identified or aggregated information.
We collect Personal Data from various sources, including:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the following types of Personal Data directly from you when you access or use our Website: real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, email address, telephone number, IP address, credit or debit card number, insurance policy information, medical information, physical characteristics, age, medical conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, physiological characteristics such as height, date of birth, behavioral characteristics, biological characteristics, biometrics, genetics, audio information, visual information, sleep data, and health data. In addition, we also collect other types of information that you may provide when you fill out a form or through your correspondence with us.
The Personal Data we collect on or through our Website through:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. his includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, using the physician consultation services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Data about your interaction with our Website, including information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns:
- details of your visits to our Website, such as: traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data, and the resources that you access, use, or otherwise interact with on the Website;
- other information necessary to provide to us with or through our products and services; and
- information about your computer, mobile device, and internet connection, i.e., your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- verify your location to ensure we can provide you with our services;
- store information about your preferences;
- customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features or other advertising networks to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google’s website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Google Ads. We use Google Ads’ free conversion tracking features on certain pages. If you contact us online, the destination page will have code on it that will help us understand the path you took to arrive on that page.
- DoubleClick. We use Google Ads remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We do not collect personal information automatically through our cookies, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to provide our Website and its content to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- to provide you with notices about your account;
- to personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- for internal testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, and to develop, improve, or demonstrate our products and services;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through our newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by logging into our Website and visiting the My-Account page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These entities provide services such as information technology and infrastructure support services, payment processing services and other services to support our Website and related services and functionality. Our payment processors’ privacy policies may be found at https://www.nmi.com/privacy-policy/;
- to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of UpScript’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by UpScript about our Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, we may disclose your personal information to a Provider;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent or to fulfill a purpose for which you provide the information to us.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of UpScript, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from UpScript. If you do not wish to have your email address used by UpScript to promote our own products and services, you can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt out does not apply to information provided to UpScript as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services.
- Targeted Advertising. We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing activity across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
7. Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into our Website and visiting the My-Account section of our Website.
You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Do Not Track Signals
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
9. Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Data. You can help protect your Personal Data and other information by keeping your password to our Website confidential.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures deployed on the Website.
11. Contact Information